Bradi & Maria's Art History Cartoon

Art History

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Adolescent Literacy: Chapters 16 & 17

I just have a couple of comments about these two chapters. First of all, I can not get the statistic of 7,000 high school students drop out everyday in the US. This is a scary number because if we don't do something than what is going to happen to our education system! What can I do to help convince my students to stay in school?

In response to assessment, I feel that it is my fault as teachers if my students fail their tests/assessments. We need to slow down, which relates back to the obesity curriculum crisis that we face, and take the time to reteach the information our students do not understand. If not, they are just going to get lost in the shuffle. Plus, we need to be teaching relevant content to our students.

No comments: