Bradi & Maria's Art History Cartoon

Art History

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Technology Activity

The technology activity that we did during class today was extremely beneficial. The amount of resources that I was introduce to today is going to help me a great deal in my teaching. Bradi and I worked on two ToonDoo Cartoons for art history, which are attached our blogs. Using technology in an art classroom unless I am teaching at the high school level is not as accessible as I would like, due to the fact that many elementary and middle school art teachers do not have classrooms. "Art on a cart" has become way too popular with JCPS schools. However, I feel that I can modify some of the writing activities in the DZS Book, chapters 2-6 to use with my art students. Overall, I am excited to try these resources with my students next year.

4 comments:

rajendran said...

Hi,

Glad you like ToonDoo, and used it at class.
A few things.
You see the vertical scrollbar that has come around your embedded ToonDoo? It is because you probably haven't specified the height of the inserted code properly. Did you copy the code AS IS from the embed-option at ToonDoo.com?
Secondly, you mention your interest in using this further at school. Can you send us some ideas (to toondude@toondoo.com) about what more backgrounds, props and characters you would like included to make ToonDoo an even better tool for school children around the world?

Thanks.

Rajendran.
ToonDude from www.jambav.com

Ms. Davis said...

I hope that you'll get a chance to use this in your classroom, as it would work so perfectly for art. I count myself lucky to be getting 3 new (to me) classroom computers next year. At least you can create them for the kids to look at, if nothing else.

Justin said...

That is a neat post from someone at ToonDoo. I liked the tool but I do with there were more math symbols. Anyway, I appreciate the wiki and all the tools that Dr. Kajder provided us on Tuesday as well. I think that using a wiki or blog in the classroom help gives the students a sense of ownership. For me, in knowing that this wiki will always be there as a resource for me is a wonderful thing. I look forward to experimenting with all the technology tools available to me.

SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.http://sbtvd.blogspot.com/