Bradi & Maria's Art History Cartoon

Art History

Monday, July 2, 2007

This I Believe...

This I Believe...that all students no matter what classroom they are in should be able to voice their opinion through writing. All students should have the opportunity to learn how to write as well as the chance to push those boundaries exploring the unknown. During my student teaching placements, I witnessed many students developing and being inspired by their creative writing pieces that I incorporated into their art lessons. Further art creations stemmed from their experiences of creative writing. Students need to be taught the mechanics of writing but also have opportunities to write freely. Too many constraints can prohibit students' creativity. I know that I will use various types of writing assignments in my art classroom, not matter what grade level I teach.

1 comment:

Brandi E Gates said...

I love the idea of collaborating with other content areas and their writing in your art class. What kind of writing assignments will you use in art class?